517 Creative Spaces is all about creative thinking. There are lots of ways in which we can make room – spaces for artists to get creative. In fact, there are plenty of spaces all over the tri-county area that are either available for free or for a small charge. There are also plenty of artists who are looking to collaborate on projects and share ideas and places. Our Digs & Gigs page provides resources to shared spaces and collaborative opportunities, specifically in our area.
Greater Lansing Real Estate Listing Pages
These pages are frequently updated, please continue to check back on them.
- Ingham County Land Bank – Supports growth and investment in our community by turning tax reverted property to productive use (including artist live/work spaces) as quickly as possible.
- Old Town Commercial Association – Keeps track of commercial and residential properties for sale and rent in Lansing’s artsy Old Town neighborhood.
- REO Town Commercial Association – Offers updated opportunities for various properties for sale and rent in Lansing’s revitalizing REO Town neighborhood.
- Arts Council of Greater Lansing’s “Opportunities Page”: Check out the Arts Council’s “Miscellaneous” tab on our Opportunities Page for creative space listings that come through our network.
Greater Lansing Shared Spaces Pages
- REACH – Provides shared work space for parties, events, workshops, or the use of their Art Truck.
- MICA Gallery – An active Old Town gallery that hosts bi-monthly exhibits and rents out space for outside artistic endeavors.
- Hannah Community Center – The East Lansing Hannah Community Center houses event and meeting spaces, as well as an auditorium, with a strong emphasis on supporting arts & culture.
- (SCENE) Metrospace – Creates a community space, owned and operated by Michigan State University, to share artwork, shows, exhibits, creative endeavors, and more.
- Neighborhood Empowerment Center -Great space that rents out classrooms, conferenec rooms, seating circle spaces, an art gallery, patio and grounds, and its lobby.
- Ruhala Performing Arts – Offers studio, dressing rooms, and other rental space for a diverse array of events.
Greater Lansing Collaborative Opportunities
- Arts Council of Greater Lansing – Always looking to connect ideas, empower communities, and create tangible change with an arts lens for our community. We can connect individuals, businesses, government agencies, and a host of other interested parties to start this work.